Terms and Conditions for Chelsea Motors
Review terms and conditions for renting a car in Barbados.
All our vehicles are fully insured and we promise a superb personalized service.
- Vehicle rental rates vary from season to season.
- Rates are determined by supply, demand and market conditions.
- Rates quoted are only valid for 48 hours.
- Vehicle hire works on a twenty-four (24) hour basis, so if you hire a car at 9 am, a one-day rental will be due at 9 am the following day.
- Extra charges will be applied if the vehicle is returned late.
- Keys and Fobs - Vehicle keys are not waterproof so do not take them for a swim.
- The client will be responsible for the replacement of any lost or damaged keys and fobs.
- We are a non smoking fleet.
- If you smoke in our cars you will be changed a US $250 valet fee.
- A visitor's drivers permit (required by law) can be issued by our representatives for US$5.00 each.
- All vehicles are fully insured.
- Prices quoted in US Dollars.
- Prices are subject to government tax or value-added tax (VAT).
- Quotes include basic insurance (US $1,500 deductible/excess). If you would like to purchase additional insurance please see options below.
- Drivers must be over 25 and under 75 years old and have had a valid drivers license for 5 or more years. Drivers 75 - 80 years of age require special permission to drive. Information for this is available upon request.
- Child car seats are available at US$3 per day
- GPS systems are available for US$5.00 including VAT per day onto rental fee.
- Local cell phones are available at the price of US$3.00 per day including VAT onto your rental fee.
Additional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Plans
-- Economy - US$10.00 per day plus VAT, are not available for rentals of 3 days and under. Responsibility for damages is reduced to US$550.00, providing the vehicle is operated in accordance with all conditions of our contract.
-- Ultimate - US$20.00 per day, are not available for rentals of 3 days and under. Responsibility for damages is reduced to zero, providing the vehicle is operated in accordance with all conditions of our contract.
-- Full liability coverage information - Purchasing additional collision damage waiver (CDW) coverage is recommended but some credit card companies and internet sites offer collision coverage benefits. As in many types of coverage, there are limitations, and it is up to the client to verify the coverage they have. If the client has purchased excess waiver from another source and has an accident during the hire, he/she must pay us for the damages incurred up to US$1750.00 regardless of fault. We will then supply the documentation required to reclaim this payment from the credit card company, once they contact and inform us as to what they require. Clients must have a valid credit card on which we authorize a security hold if deemed necessary. This offer is only valid once the credit card holder is the hire and main driver on the vehicle.
-- A credit card imprint is held for these CDW plans and is destroyed at the end of the rental once there is no damage to the vehicle.
-- Damages include all dents, scrapes or scratches to the body of the vehicle; broken or cracked exterior mirrors; windows and lights. The CDW does not cover torn or soiled upholstery, damage to the stereo and antenna, wheel tools and accessories, depletion of battery life due to negligence, or damage to rims and tires.
The CDW plan is void in the event of
* Use of the vehicle for any activities listed as restricted, such as carriage of passengers for hire - any illegal purpose - for racing or driving tuition – in violation of any Act, Order or Regulation.
* The damage or loss was caused intentionally.
* An unauthorized driver driving the vehicle.
* The loss or damage occurred because the driver (whether authorized or not) was impaired by the use of alcohol or drugs.
Payment is made for the car hire at the time of delivery, and we accept the following credit cards (Visa, American Express, Discover or MasterCard).